Monday, August 10, 2009

Why this blog?


Since I'm fairly new to blogging but am enjoying the outlet I've been doing some thinking and trying to find a way where I can share my love of travel. I am an admitted addict to the Travel Channel; taking trips all over the place without leaving the comfort of my living room or basement is fantastic and right in my budget...which brings up another reason for this blog.

As much as I love watching the Travel Channel, learning about and seeing all the places it seems like many of the shows are depicting visits that, quite frankly, the average person can't afford. Yes I'd love to visit Europe but, short of hitting Powerball, I won't be staying at these 5-star resorts and spas. The same with different parts of the US- when I go to visit them I'm not looking for the ultimate in luxury or killer treatment, I want to explore and experience each place as a normal person.

So what I plan to do here is this- take my travels, as very much an everyday person, share them and hopefully open people up to realizing that you don't have to spend a fortune to see some of the best America has to offer. I will share my one series of overseas travel but, as it was in 1987, it will probably be short and fairly vague. Some of these places I haven't been to in over 20 years, so if any information I present is out of date I do apologize and I will indicate in each post how long it's been since I've been there. I will be doing research to update information as I can but I will be the first to admit that there will be holes, gaps and errors, just like there are on a regular trip. So please join me as I travel down Memory Lane to explore as much as possible as The Everyday Traveler!

1 comment:

  1. I think travel is more fun when you don't spend a ton of money. Most of the best things are free or inexpensive anyway. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete